Three Harbors Council, BSA
330 South 84th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53214-1468

Summer Camp Staff

Staff Paperwork

Staff Training

All staff members must have the following paperwork on file. When you are officially hired, you will be sent a hiring packet, which includes a camp staff agreement and a blank copy of all required hiring paperwork. Please see your hiring packet for more information.  All paperwork must be returned to the Milwaukee Scout Service Center by May 1, 2021. Extra copies of the required paperwork are available below.
Camp Staff & Counselor-in-Training Application - Every staff member must fill out a camp staff application and return it as soon as possible to Milwaukee Scout Service Center (330 S. 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214) or by emailing Karla Langoehr.
Camp Staff Agreement - All staff members will receive a camp staff agreement which will detail pertinent information such as employment dates, pay rate and council employment policies. Camp staff agreements will be mailed to your home address. You can drop them off at the Scout Service Center directly to Karla Langoehr. If you didn't receive an agreement or you misplaced it, please contact Karla Langoehr for a replacement copy.
Camp Staff Manual and Code of Conduct - All staff members are expected to read the entire staff manual and bring their copy to camp.  Staff members must also sign and return the Code of Conduct with their application.
Annual Health and Medical Record - All staff must complete and submit a health form annually. Parts A, B and C are all required.
BSA Membership Application - All camp staff must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. Please complete and submit a youth application if you are under 18 years old or an adult application if you are 18 years old or older. If you will be turning 18 during the summer camp season, please submit both applications.
Vehicle Use Policy & Permission Form - Staff members under the age of 18 must have a vehicle permission form on file. Parents must grant permission for youth staff members to be taken off property (for all-staff outings, evening activities, etc.).
Direct Deposit Authorization - All Three Harbors Council employees (including camp staff) must elect to receive their paychecks via direct deposit.
Staff Uniform - Please see this sheet for information on staff uniforms
Camp Staff Uniform Discount Letter - Please present this letter to the Scout Shop in Kenosha or Milwaukee for discounts on staff uniforms.
State/Federal Paperwork - All staff members must submit the following employment paperwork:
  • I-9 (including two forms of identification or a passport)
  • W-4
  • WT-4
As a camp staff member for Three Harbors Council, there are several training certifications which must be completed prior to arrival at camp. The details for each type of training are listed below.
In accordance with National policy, all camp staff members are required to complete these training sessions.  All staff members must complete these training sessions (or show proof of unexpired training) and submit proof of training prior to reporting to camp. Training certificates can be submitted to Karla Langoehr at the Milwaukee Scout Service Center.
Youth Protection Training - Completion of Youth Protection training and Venturing Youth Protection training is required of all camp staff, CITs and volunteers.  The links to these trainings can be found through the training portal. 
Hazardous Weather Training - Completion of Hazardous Weather training is also required of all camp staff and CITs.  The link to this training can also be found through the  training portal.
Unlawful Harassment Training - Completion of Unlawful Harassment training is required of all camp staff and CITs.  The link below will redirect you to, the provider of this training.  Unlawful Harrassment Training
First Aid/CPR/AED Training - At least 50% of all camp staff will need to have first aid, CPR and AED training from the American Red Cross or other similar agency.  Depending on your position at camp, your camp director may determine that you need to be be certified in first aid, CPR and AED. If you are already currently certified in first aid, CPR and/or AED, please let your camp director know immediately so that he can determine how many staff members need to be trained before the summer season.


Changes to Wisconsin Work Permit Laws



If you have any questions about staff paperwork, please contact:
Karla Langoehr at 414-443-2877 or by clicking here.

Three Harbors Council, BSA  I  330 South 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214-1468