Summer Camp Staff


Join the Summer Camp Staff!

Working at summer camp is an awesome experience! You'll be able to spend your summers outdoors. You'll be able to guide Cub Scouts through their Scouting adventure! You'll learn to work as a team with other enthusiastic individuals. You'll learn skills and build memories that will last a lifetime.
Positions are available for anyone at least 16 years old. Some positions require applicants to be 18, and other require applicants to be 21. Many director positions will also require training through National Camping School.
If you're under 16 years old, consider serving for a week or two as a counselor-in-training! CITs work and act as staff members in as many areas as possible so they can gain a full understanding of the different positions available once they turn 16.
Sound interesting? APPLY TODAY!

Staff Training

As a camp staff member for Three Harbors Council, there are several training certifications which must be completed prior to arrival at camp. The details for each type of training are listed below.
In accordance with National policy, all camp staff members are required to complete these training sessions.  All staff members must complete these training sessions (or show proof of unexpired training) and submit proof of training by May 1, 2017. Training certificates can be submitted to Robert Garrett at the Milwaukee Scout Service Center or to your camp director.
Youth Protection Training - Completion of Youth Protection training and Venturing Youth Protection training is required of all camp staff, CITs and volunteers.  The links to these trainings can be found through the training portal. 
Hazardous Weather Training - Completion of Hazardous Weather training is also required of all camp staff and CITs.  The link to this training can also be found through the training portal.
Unlawful Harassment Training - Completion of Unlawful Harassment training is required of all camp staff and CITs.  The link below will redirect you to, the provider of this training.
First Aid/CPR/AED Training - At least 50% of all camp staff will need to have first aid, CPR and AED training from the American Red Cross or other similar agency.  Depending on your position at camp, your camp director may determine that you need to be be certified in first aid, CPR and AED. If you are already currently certified in first aid, CPR and/or AED, please let your camp director know immediately so that he can determine how many staff members need to be trained before the summer season.

Links to Online Training

    • For Youth Protection, Venturing Youth Protection,  and Hazardous Weather training.  Be sure to create an account for future use.  Also, if you add your Scouting member ID to your account, your training records will automatically update upon completion of any online training modules.

Staff Paperwork

All staff members  must have the following paperwork on file. When you are officially hired, you will be sent a hiring packet, which includes a camp staff agreement and a blank copy of all required hiring paperwork. If you are a returning staff member, you will not need to return any paperwork unless it is expired. Please see your hiring packet for more information.  All paperwork must be returned to the Milwuakee Scout Service Center by May 1, 2017.  Extra copies of the required paperwork are available below.
Camp Staff & Counselor-in-Training Application - Every staff member must fill out a camp staff application and return it as soon as possible to the address listed on the last page.
Camp Staff Agreement - All staff members will receive a camp staff agreement which will detail pertinent ingormation such as employment dates, pay rate and council employment policies. Camp staff agreements will be delivered in-person or will be mailed to your home address. If you didn't receive an agreement or you misplaced it, please contact Lisa Held for a replacement copy.
Camp Staff Manual and Code of Conduct - All staff members are expected to read the entire staff manual and bring their copy to camp.  Staff members must also sign and return the Code of Conduct by May 1, 2017.
Annual Health and Medical Record - All staff must complete and submit a health form annually. Parts A, B and C are all required.
BSA Membership Application - All camp staff must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. Please complete and submit a youth application if you are under 18 years old or an adult application if you are 18 years old or older. If you will be turning 18 during the summer camp season, please submit both applications.
Vehicle Use Policy & Permission Form - Staff members under the age of 18 must have a vehicle permission form on file. Parents must grant permission for youth staff members to be taken off property (for all-staff outings, evening activities, etc.).
Direct Deposit Authorization - All Three Harbors Council employees (including camp staff) must elect to receive their paychecks via direct deposit.
State/Federal Paperwork - All staff members must submit the following employment paperwork:
  • I-9 (including two forms of identification)
  • W-4
  • WT-4
If you have any questions about staff paperwork, please contact Lisa Held at 414-443-2843 or
Three Harbors Council Join | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map Privacy Policy

330 South 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214-1468