The Learning for Life team welcomes you and your students to Character Camp 2014. The cheers and laughter of all students of the Learning for Life Program will soon fill the air at Indian Mound Scout Reservation. Character Camp is a pivotal point in the character development of our children and is a one-day camp experience your students should not miss. The students will have the opportunity to put into practice the character values they’ve learned in the classroom throughout the school year.
Those values include: Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Caring/Fairness, Citizenship, Perseverance, Courage, Self Discipline and Life Skills. All the activities selected for Character Camp are designed to build character and to reinforce these values. Daily activities include team-building and are designed specifically for age groups and/or grades. Character Camp is an opportunity for students to enjoy a fun-filled day of activities at Indian Mound Scout Reservation.
Activities are subject to age appropriateness and may change at any time. Below are some activities but not limited to:
Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
- Emphasizes the importance of teamwork, leadership, cooperation, collaborative effort, grace, compassion and listening.
- Emphasizes the importance of listening, respect, strategy, patience, trust and understanding.
- Emphasizes the importance of discovery, curiosity and team spirit.
Ethical Decision Making
- Emphasizes the importance of communication, leadership, collaborative effort, understanding, respect, trust and discovery.
- Emphasizes the importance of teamwork, listening, team spirit, patience, curiosity, discovery and strategy.
- Emphasizes the importance of cooperation, leadership, understanding, listening, respect, communication, trust, collaborative effort, team spirit and strategy.
- Emphasizes the importance of listening, curiosity, discovery, grace and patience.
- Emphasizes the importance of listening, patience, collaborative effort, strategy, trust, compassion, curiosity, discovery and grace.
414-443-2846 or 414-610-4657