New Merit Badge is now available
On March 6, 2013, Game Design became the newest merit badge to be earned. This merit badge will allow Scouts to focus on one (or more) of these kinds of games:
- Electronic (games for computers, game systems, or mobile devices)
- Outdoor/Athletic (sports or games like capture the flag)
- Tabletop (dice-based games, board games, card games)
- Pen and Paper or Role-Playing Games
In addition to creating and testing an actual, playable game, Scouts will learn:
- How to think critically about certain games
- What makes games fun
- Important game terms
- How to design and implement rules
- Problem solving
- And more!
To see all of the requirements for this and other merit badges, go to http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges/mb-GDSN.aspx, scroll down to the bottom.
What we now need are MB Counselors. Can you help? Do you have the skills or knowledge to be a MB counselor? If you think you do please contact Kathy Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Also, watch for more information about additional merit badges being introduced this summer and fall.