Cub Scout Leader Training
Basic and Beyond Training
Due to low pre-registration numbers, the March 8th Basic & Beyond training scheduled for Gateway Technical College has been cancelled. Please continue to check the Three Harbors Training button and calendar for future training opportunities and mark your calendar for November 8, 2014 for the next Basic & Beyond, University of Scouting opportunity.
All Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders,
Practical Pow Wow style training offered for adult leaders in both Cub Scout Packs and Boy Scout Troops. This is a fun "Hands On" experience that will help you deliver a quality program. You will also have an opportunity to network with other leaders and learn from their invaluable experiences.
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Gateway Technical College, 3520 30th Ave., Kenosha
Cub Scout Leader Training Awards Update:
The National Council's awards committee conducted a review of the hundreds of awards presented to Scouts and adults in the BSA. may recommendations were made to update procedures and the awards. Among the recommendatons was the update of the unit leader training awards requirements and a review of the Cub Scout Leader recognition awards.
These recommendations have been reviewed by the National volunteer training committee and a task for of unit-level leaders. Some awards have been eliminated and all of the requirement for the remaining awards have been updated.
- The Cubmaster Award has been discontinued. Cubmasters may now earn the Scout's Key Award and may wear the Scout's Key knot with a Cub Scouting device.
- The Cub Scouter and Pack Trainer Awards have been dicontinued. Cub Scout pack leaders may earn the Scouter's Training Award and may wear the Scout's Training Award knot with a Cub Scouting device.
- The Tiger Cub and Webelos Den Leader's Awards have been discontinued. All den leaders may earn a new Den Leader's Training Award medal that is being created, and may wear the Den Leader's Training Award knot (identical to the previous Cub Scout Den Leader Award knot) with appropriate device. A Tiger Cub den leader device is also being developed.
- Scouters who have earned the discontinued awards will still be able to wear these awards and knots.
- Go to www.Scouting.org/training/adult to locate forms
A direct contact Scout leader: Cubmasters, Den Leaders, and Assistants are considered fully trained and entitled to wear the “Trained” leader emblem when he or she has completed the following training courses.
Youth Protection training is required for all adults registered with the Boy Scouts of America...(more here)
Cub Scout Leader Specific training has been developed for each leader position...(more here)
This video should be used annually by Cub Scout packs or dens when Cub Scouts are accompanied by a parent or other adult family member...(more here)
Local Training Opportunities
There are many supplemental National BSA training courses…(more here)
Cub Scout Leader Training Schedule